steamed scallops in shell

My mum bought mini scallops on the half shell today! I love scallops! But scallops on the half shell are prettier, cuter and tastier - in my opinion. I can take pretty pictures! No but this was seriously a good buy! $5.00/kg - bought 20 for $2.50! (half a kilogram).

steamed scallops in shell:

fried garlic:
recipe: steamed scallops in shell with glass noodles, soy sauce and garlic oil

what you'll need:
  • soy sauce (use a slightly less salty type like lee kum kee premium soy sauce) or the soy sauce used to steam fish - I've seen them sell it at supermarkets but I don't know the name
  • a little water
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic (chopped very finely/diced)
  • finely chopped spring onions
  • oil
  • dried glass noodle
  • scallops on the half shell - any size (I had 20 really small ones)
what to do:
  1. In a heated pan, pour in about 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the garlic until it turns slightly brown and tilt the pan so the oil rests at one side while the the garlic is drained from the oil OR just simply take the garlic in another container/ plate/ dish and leave behind as much oil as possible.
  2. In warm water, soak the glass noodles until they are soft and translucent.
  3. Mix the soy sauce and the water to make it slightly dilute and set aside.
  4. Place the scallops with its shell on a flat plate, place a suitable amount of glass noodles around the scallop meat and then add a suitable amount of soy sauce and the garlic oil in each shell. 
  5. Garnish the top with spring onions and the fried garlic.
  6. Steam for approximately 10 minutes or when they are no longer transparent looking.
Happy Scalloping~ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+