pepper lunch, sydney cbd

Pepper lunch is a Japanese takeaway chain which serves do it yourself rices and meat! The iron plate heats up in no time and remains hot for a good amount of time for you to cook your food. I think there are many pepper lunch restaurants around Asia actually. Not sure how popular it is but it is an enjoyable experience. I don't know how many times I've walked past pepper lunch on George Street so many times but I would just comment casually - "We should try that place one day! It has cool hot plates!". Who knew today was the day!

pepper lunch:
kimchi beef with cheese pepper rice ($11.50):

The kimchi beef was really prettily presented and I didn't want to watch someone destroying it. Raw beef surrounds rice which is topped with kimchi and sauce and of course pepper. The cheese makes everything taste all the better. It kind of reminded me of those hot pots Korean eat and when there is only like a spoonful of broth left, they chuck in the separate bowl of rice they are given and make it into fried rice! Only it was more moist this time.

salmon pepper rice ($11.00):

This was actually pretty good! I love pepper and who knew pepper and rice could make such a good combination! I really wanted to eat it for myself.

"tokusen" rib eye pepper steak ($16.80):

My rib eye steak is the third to come! It is served with some green beans and corns in a tiny porcelain cup and garlic slices next to my steak. It is also conveniently pre-cut into slices to make it easier to eat with chopsticks. You don't have to worry about it being overcooked or anything. It was so surprising how tender and perfectly cooked it was. The mustard and pepper seasoning was so good! Everyone kept asking to have a little more of my steak - it was the most popular!

cut steak & hamburger combo ($13.80):


The steak and patty are topped with mustard and a good amount of pepper and served with a generous handful of fresh bean sprouts and few green beans and carrots. I forgot the about the hamburger part of the combo so I was genuinely surprised about how the steak could taste so mince-y - only to be told that it was a patty.

double chicken pepper steak ($11.80):

This chicken was really good too. I think the egg is best for DIY cooking! The meat was so juicy and tender.

Very enjoyable and quick - only you have to watch out for the hot plate while you eat.
pepper lunch
537 george street
sydney NSW 2000
t:(02) 9264 3222
w: http://www.pepperlunch.com.au/

Pepper Lunch on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! If you have any questions, do check back - I answer them - or you can email your questions to annachaannn@gmail.com. Inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you!

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm eighteen, in my second year of uni and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when my brother bought me a new camera in 2011 (Samsung Ex1). Since then, I've been into taking photos and I realised most of my photos were of food so I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures. My camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

I'm not particularly picky about the food and I do like trying new things but I generally try to avoid anything with chocolate, bitter melon or eggplant. They don't taste too great.

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the blog!