cheese and bacon toasties

Lately I've been obsessed with the idea of  "야식" which literally means "late night meals" or "late night dining" and by that I don't mean I've been eating meals at 2am in the morning but rather food that do not take over 10 minutes to make. (I'm lazy, I know). The ingredients for these "five minute snacks" are also meant to be always available - so they are things you can just grab from your fridge or pantry. So they are - cheap, not complicated to make, not heavy, accessible and tasty!

cheese and bacon toasties:

recipe: cheese and bacon toasties
what you'll need:
  • sliced white bread 
  • strips of bacon cut into strips (2cmx5cm)  
  • cheese (mozzarella or cheddar is okay!) - I don't know what I used..my mum just gave me a bag of shredded white and yellow cheese.
  • a healthy pinch of cayenne pepper and ground black pepper
  • some parsely or spring onion
  • optional: sauce such as tomato or barbecue sauce (I used tomato but prefer barbecue)
what to do:
  1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C. If you don't want your bacon and toast to be as crispy just turn down the heat. You can fry your bacon a little beforehand if you want your toast to be softer but still want crispy bacon. (I baked my for nearly 10 minutes on 180 °C)
  2. Take out your bread and  spread your sauce on it. Then lay your bacon strips and spring onions  on top before covering this with a reasonable amount of cheese.
  3. Place in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and the crust of the bread is a dark golden brown colour.
  4. Take out and sprinkle with a little pepper on top. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+