guzman y gomez mexican taqueria, newtown

Ever since a great friend of mine introduced me to burritos, I've been hooked on Mexican food - always craving for a good burrito. We decided to go to Newtown today to rummage through all the clothes stores hoping to find good deals and bargains. Lunchtime came and we passed by Guzman Y Gomez so we stopped there for lunch.

guzman y gomez mexican taqueria:
interior and menu:
This fast food joint claims to be like no other! Apparently it uses ingredients that are 'restaurant worthy'. They're also fully licensed to serve beers and margaritas. You'll find that this little place can only house about 20 people if you decide to eat there. There is one communal table, 8 stools by the window and a couple of seats outside.

quesadillas (2 for $8.50):
Grilled soft corn tortilla with melted cheddar cheese, salsa and your choice of filling. There are 7 types of filling to choose from. We choose spicy chicken guerrero which is grilled chicken in Guzman Y Gomez's (GYG) Guerrero marinade with Pico de Gallo and Tomatillo salsa and beef guerreo which is slow roasted beef in GYG's Guerrero marinade with Pico de Gallo salsa.

gyg's famous nachos ($11.50):
Corn chips topped with cheddar cheese, vegetarian black beans, pico de gallo salsa, guacamole and your choice of filling. This time we choose chicken guerrreo - grilled chicken in GYG's Guerrero marindae with Pico de Gallo salsa

Anyway, the staff are friendly like they are genuinely enthusiastic about Mexican food, food is filling and it's cheap so I want to come back some time in the future!
guzman y gomez mexican taqueria
175 king st
newtown, NSW 2042
t: (02) 9517 1533
w: http://www.guzmanygomez.com/

Guzman y Gomez Mexican Taqueria Newtown on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Looks so good. Craving for some Mexican now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take me with you next time!! Those nachos are so *rolls eye backwards* (drool) lol!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+