avocado smoothie

I remember my first time trying an avocado shake at Kaysone Sweets in Cabramatta. I also remember disliking the weird thick and creamy texture of it. I usually eat my avocado in sushi, on toast or on its own with the tiniest pinch of salt. Before seeing it in Cabramatta, I never ever even considered making avocado into a drink! But then the more I tried it, the more addicting it became! And whenever I could, I would buy small portion of it and share it with my mum or brother.

And whenever I had this avocado shake craving, which was probably like once every 4 months, I'd always ask my mum to get me one on her way back from grocery shopping. But recently, my friend's mum's co-worker use to make these shakes for customers at her now-closed cafe and told us the recipe! It's actually super simple, doesn't require any yoghurt or milk and tastes exactly as the store bought shakes!

All you need are 4 ingredients - milk, condensed milk, ice cubes and avocado. Blend it all together and you have your avocado shake!


recipe: avocado smoothie
what you'll need:

  • 1/4 cup condensed milk (more if you want it to be sweeter)
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 - 1 cup of ice cubes
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • what to do:
    1. Slice the avocado into slices.
    2. Add avocado slices, condensed milk, ice cubes and milk in a blender.
    3. Cover and blend until it's smooth.
    4. If you find that it's too thick, add more milk.
    5. Blend again.
    6. Pour mixture into a glass and serve.
    I found that with 1/2 cup of milk and 1 cup of ice cubes, it was really thick so I added more milk (used a 3/4 cup milk in total). You can store in the fridge for a few hours before some discolouration may occur.

    Also, I don't recommend drinking this in large portions. I think this recipe is more than enough for 2 servings.


    Yay! So now my mum doesn't have to buy me the avocado shakes anymore! I'll just ask for avocados now! 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Instagram Photostream

    Twitter Updates



    Meet The Author

     photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

    Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

    I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

    Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

    Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

    Google+