gorgonzola pizza

A few weeks ago, on Happy Together's Late Night Cafeteria segment, Park Hasun introduced her "Gorgonzola pizza" (Hasun's pancakes), requiring only 4 main ingredients. A lot of people do not have access to Gorgonzola cheese and apparently with only mozzarella cheese, tortilla, garlic and honey, you can mimic the taste of Gorgonzola pizza!



The tortilla is topped with garlic, a heap of mozzarella cheese and is dipped in honey before consumption. The salty mozzarella and the nutty sweetness of garlic honey blends well for the dish. I've never had Gorgonzola cheese before and I don't know if the Gorgonzola pizza and mock 'Gorgonzola' pizza taste alike but even if it doesn't, the mock does make a quick and nice snack.


The other people on the segment recommended adding tomato sauce to the tortilla before the cheese, sprinkling sugar instead of dipping it in honey or trying the combination of salted pollack roe, mayonnaise and cheese instead of garlic and cheese.

I should have sauteed the garlic for a bit longer till it was a nice brown shade to add colour the the pizza!

I've also tried adding very very thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms and onion rings over the garlic and that tasted pretty good as well.

I added some chopped pistachios to garnish and it gave it an upgraded nutty taste and an extra crunch. You could also try adding other roasted nuts.

This snack took less than 10 minutes to make and my family liked it! These ingredients are always available at home and if you don't have tortillas you could probably substitute them with just plain bread and eat it like toast.


Recipe: Gorgonzola Pizza by 박하선
Ingredients 
  • 1 tortilla
  • 7-8 garlic cloves
  • a llarge handful of mozzarella cheese
  • honey for dipping
  • 2 pistachios (optional)
  • a pinch of finely chopped parsley (optional)
What to do:
  1. Finely chop of the garlic and saute in butter until lightly brown.
  2. Place tortilla in a flat pan on medium heat.
  3. Spread the garlic evenly across the tortilla.
  4. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese over the tortilla.
  5. Place a lid over the pan or cover until the cheese has completely melted.
  6. Optional: Spinkle finely chopped pistachios and parsley over the pizza.
  7. Cut into pieces and serve with honey to dip.



I wonder if this actually tastes like Gorgonzola pizza.

1 comments:

  1. Grozonzola pizza seems great! Wanna try cooking some of it here. Hope all of those ingredients are available in Kiama Australia.

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+