swedish pancakes

A few days ago I was on pinterest browsing through all the berry related food pictures when I came acros Swedish pancakes! One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was on Heather Christo's website for the recipe.

These pancakes are much smaller and thinner than the normal American pancakes and tasted more tender in comparison to crepes. The batter is also noticeably more runnier than normal pancakes.

I made the pancakes in a 15cm pan and using only half the recipe, I managed to make about 16 pancakes. I rolled them up, dusted them in icing sugar and had them mixed berries. My brother preferred them with maple syrup.

My dad mentioned that it reminded him of crepes so he stuffed one of pancakes with heaps of fruit and some whipped cream. He said it was absolutely delectable.

Recipe: Swedish Pancakes by Heather Christo
Ingredients
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla
  • tiny pinch of salt
  • butter for greasing

What to do:
  1. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla. 
  2. Gradually sift in the flour making sure the batter is smooth and well combined (no lumps!)
  3. Heat your pan over medium heat.
  4. When it is heated, grease the pan with some butter.
  5. Take 3 tablespoons of the batter and pour it into the middle of the pan and swirl the batter around before it cooks. The batter should spread and create and very thin pancake.
  6. When bubbles begin to form or when the edges begin to look crisp, flip it. 
  7. Once the other side is golden brown (very quick), remove the pancake from the pan.
  8. Repeat this with the rest of the batter.
  9. Keep them warm and then roll them up to serve.
  10. Add your favourite toppings an enjoy!




1 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look absolutely outstanding! Many thanks for the share, I will definitely give them a try during the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+